Visitors - Come on in and say hello!

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Why Our Country Needs Bloggers...

...now, more than ever.

Many bloggers have posted articles of late of President-elect Obama's plans to start up an American version of Hitler's Youth. But it seems that Obama's own site leaked out the plans requiring this particular "service", and ever since bloggers picked it up, the wording on the site has changed.

Check out this article that goes into depth in its explanation:

The official website of President-Elect Barack Obama, Change.gov, originally announced that Obama would "require" all middle school through college students to participate in community service programs; but after a flurry of blogs protested children being drafted into Obama's proposed youth corps, the website's wording was softened.

Originally, under the tab "America Serves" Change.gov read, "President-Elect Obama will expand national service programs like AmeriCorps and Peace Corps and will create a new Classroom Corps to help teachers in under served schools, as well as a new Health Corps, Clean Energy Corps, and Veterans Corps.

"Obama will call on citizens of all ages to serve America, by developing a plan to require 50 hours of community service in middle school and high school and 100 hours of community service in college every year," the site announced.


Go read the rest!

I don't have time to add my own commentary now, but suffice to say...if we the public don't react to these things, we will truly become the crabs in the boiling pot. We already know the media isn't honest and are falling all over themselves to keep our new President-elect from being questioned too closely. So let's continue to do our own work and hold them all accountable.

At least...until they crack down and we lose our free speech completely.
*

UPDATE: Obama is cleary out of touch, like the rest of the politicians. He clearly didn't have to pay his own way through Harvard, nor did he have to worry about anything during High School. Has he SEEN the schedules of High School students these days? They're so programmed they can barely stay awake in class! And, when I was in college, I worked 2 jobs and volunteered in another (for experience and because I enjoyed it). Maybe Obama's plan would include my volunteer work; maybe it wouldn't. But I can honestly say I had NOTHING ELSE to give. It's completely unreasonable to FORCE community service. Thank God that, for now, it's against the law to require service.

But how long before that law changes? How long before our Constitution is irrevocably altered, and this becomes a Fascist country? How long before Lady Liberty is so defiled that we have to send her back to France...for good?

How long before these very questions are silenced?

7 comments:

Mark said...

Sooner or later people will (I hope) be more ready than they are at the moment to listen to the truth about what's going on. In your country, anyway. I fear that in mine (the UK) we're further down the road to destruction.

By the way, I really liked the concept/detail post.

Cathy_of_Alex said...

Adoro: I agree. Bloggers are needed. I pray we can all continue but I have the feeling the day will come when it will be harder to blog because we will all be shut down for "hate speech" or something that seems inconceivable now but in the near future perhaps not.

Corps like what President-elect Obama is proposing, or AmeriCorps or the Peace Corp, would not be needed if more people accepted Christianity's call to help your brother. I'm more in favor of Christian Corps or Christian soldiers than I am quasi-government organizations doing similar work. Work that may be praiseworthy but is incomplete since it has nothing to do with the Gospel.

Ebeth said...

What is he going to do about us homeschoolers? This is a huge concern about our freedom. Yeah, we bloggers are the new media!!

Hugs!
Ebeth

Adoro said...

Mark ~ I hope people wake up, too. But maybe we need to go through this as a nation. The reality is that we ARE a young nation, but we are just infants in comparison to your part of the world. We haven't seen the same socio-political struggles...but I think we're about to. So be it. Great Saints have been raised out of the most chaotic of times and the worst persecutions, and they teach us much. God's will be done.

Cathy ~ I agree. On both counts. Yet even if people were doing this, our new Prez would ignore it and say it's not enough, or doesn't "count".


ebethw ~ It's terrifying. If I got married and had children, I'd be looking at homeschooling because of the indoctrination (and the cost of GOOD Catholic education).

We need our freedoms in order to survive...maybe we'll all be underground in our own lifetimes.

Cookie said...

Right, because the state of education in our country is SO STABLE that these kids - kids from all economic backgrounds, of course - can TOTALLY AFFORD to spend an extra week per year volunteering. This, of course, in addition to all the extracurriculars that are becoming increasingly requisite for college admission. Sure, they have time.

Kids volunteer anywa.... oh right. Obama doesn't believe that organized religion is for intelligent people. Guns! Religion! Bitter people! YAY!

Adoro said...

Cookie ~ I'm going to update this post because you bring up exactly one of the things I wanted to discuss: myself, I know that my guns will save my life (in defense and in the way of getting food), and my religion will save my soul. Obama can't save this country...he couldn't save himself if he were trapped in a wet paper bag.

Call me bitter or call me a genius...it's all the same nowadays, isn't it?

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

I must of missed this entry...As one of those evil teachers of high school students, their schedules demand a lot of them (and so do their teachers)...It would be absolutely ridiculous to have 50 hours of service (so what if there are self serving interests, of wanting my homework to be done, lol)...I'm in agreement with all of you that these are situations the Church should take on. (Well, I'm all for the state COMPLETELY getting out of the school business, but that is another entry all together)