Visitors - Come on in and say hello!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Dear Sacred Heart of Jesus...

I recently found this prayer, written on an index card, and set it aside, recognizing my mother's handwriting. I think it was in a stack of holy cards or a book she had given me.Mom had written at the bottom, "from a 1956 holy card". Some of her own prayer intentions were scripted on the back, but I won't share those here. This prayer is simple and invites us directly into the heart of Christ himself, in childlike simplicity.
 

Dear Sacred Heart of Jesus, 
I have asked for many favors, ____________, but I plead for this one. Take it, place it in your Open Broken Heart, and when the Eternal Father sees it covered with the Mantle of Your Most Precious Blood, He cannot refuse it, for then it is your prayer, not mine. 

Dear Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place my trust in Thee.


You know, they just don't write prayers like that anymore.

Sacred Heart of Jesus, be my salvation!
Sacred Heart of Jesus, Thy kingdom come!
Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on me!
Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in Thee.
Amen

9 comments:

X said...

I just prayed it for someone very dear - thanks for posting that.

owenswain said...

I just prayed it for myself, because IT (not the prayer, though it is very good, but something that is happening or maybe it is -sigh-) is good but I am overwhelmed and frankly, internally on the run...

and for a friend who's life is so twisted and complex because of sin that reading _____'s letters is like reading a tragic literary novel but it's not because it is painfully real.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful simple yet powerful prayer. The Sacred Heart image is a lovely one- not seductive like some but honest, true and slightly challenging. Thank you for this website.

Unknown said...

My mother had always taught me to pray to the sacred heart of Jesus, and He will grant me what I needed. She is not with me today, and every time I pray this, I feel inside of me something lifting.

Margaret said...

Dear Heart of Jesus, you always answer my prayers - Thnk You

Sean said...

This Sacred Prayer has beed a great source of Blessing many times over

Thank You Sacred Heart of Jesus

Margaret said...

I always pray to Dear Heart of Jesus when I'm troubled, he has never let me down. Thank you Dear Heart of Jesus for favours granted.
Margaret

Margaret said...

Dear Heart of Jesus, you have supported me again - Thank You

Margaret said...

You have supported me again Dear Heart of Jesus, you are always there for me - Thank You