Visitors - Come on in and say hello!

Friday, November 28, 2008

The Day After

I spent Thanksgiving at my brother's house, always enjoyable. Last year I stayed through Friday night, as well and went home Saturday. But this year, because I need to study for my finals I knew I needed to get home. So they packed me up a veritable feast of Thanksgiving leftovers, and then some, and I headed on my way.

Now, in order to get home, I had to travel along 494 through the Bloomington strip. Typically, even mid-day on a regular Friday, while traffic might be slow due to all the entrance and exit ramps to the various stores and strip malls, today it was nearly at a standstill. Lyndale Ave., 35 W, and especially Penn Ave. were the worst offenders. Thankfully, once I got past all that, it was decent traffic for the rest of my way home.

Next year I'll have to maybe find a way to study at my brother's house so I don't have to endure Black Friday traffic. I don't even want to be out on the road ever again on this particular day!

It is nice to be home, though...but I need a nap before I'll be able to understand the Summa enough to find the answers in it that I need.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and for those travelling, a safe trip back home.

6 comments:

MJ said...

Glad to hear you are home safe. I didn't even venture out today. Last night after we dropped my son off at his house, we drove past Best Buy on the way to the freeway and people were already camped out in pup tents at 8:30 pm. I can't think of anything I want to buy that bad!!

Adoro said...

I know! Isn't it insane?

The Ironic Catholic said...

I was at Southtown (Penn and 494) 9am Friday morning.

BIG mistake. There were literally no parking spaces, and 100 cars swarming like bees, following shoppers appearing to be heading for their parked cars.

I eventually turned around and went back to the in-laws (south of said mob scene).

The Ironic Catholic said...

Then again, I apparently get to drive back to Winona in the snow tomorrow. Sigh.

Adoro said...

You know...sometimes you just can't win!

So...you're staying in the Cities this weekend?

Banshee said...

Adoro, clearly you need to go study in the bedroom with all the coats in it. Make sure you block the door with a dresser or something. :)