Visitors - Come on in and say hello!

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Parable Meme

Theocoid tagged me for this meme.

1. You name your five favorite parables
2. You tag one blogger per parable.
3. It would be nice if you linked back to this post.


So, right off the top of my head, here are my current favorite parables with only a little exposition!

1. The Caanite woman Jesus calls a "dog". I've written of this one here and here.

2. Bartimaeus the blind man. He is me and I am him.

3. The Prodigal Son. When I was fallen away, every time I did occasion Mass, I would hear this reading...and it was Jesus calling me Home.

4. "Lord, what must I do to inherit eternal life?". I gave a talk on this to RCIA last year, speaking of the conversion before my very eyes of a female Methodist pastor. John Paul II also speaks of this parable in many of his writings directed towards youth and young adults.

5. The woman with a hemmorhage. What desperation she had to be healed...and what faith. We should all receive Communion in such a state of desperation.

This meme has gone around quite a bit, so hopefully those I tag have either not been tagged or are late in getting their posts up!

Father V.
Cathy_of_Alex
Ma Beck
Father Schnippel (Go visit him...he wasn't nominated for any of the blog awards and should have been! Which means he needs more marketing power...so GO VISIT HIM!)
And...

Maybe one of you lurkers who doesn't comment, just reads. Now's a good time to come out of hiding and post your favorite parables! (And you can even remain anon if you wish.)

Comment away...

1 comment:

Cathy_of_Alex said...

Gosh, why do you always pick me for the challenging memes? Why not a meme where I pick which beach I'd like to be on right now? Kidding. Ok, I'm pondering it!