Visitors - Come on in and say hello!

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Free Weekend!

This has been my FIRST free weekend in a LONG TIME! I didn't have to go to a First Commuion Mass at work. I didn't have to attend a Confirmation for work. I didn't have to appear at work to do something after Mass.

I didn't have to do any reading or write any papers.

I was FREE!

What Adoro Did This Weekend:

Saturday:

Got up, drank coffee, checked email, did some cleaning, went to the gym, quick errand to the store, wasted time, went to Adoration, had dinner with a friend, watched the storm, watched a movie while surfing the internet, went to sleep.

Sunday:

Went to Mass.
Went to the gym - had a GREAT workout.
Ran the rest of her errands, including paying a credit card bill at the store and getting food (fresh veggies) for the week.
Watched a movie, ate lunch, checked email. Responded.
Took a nap. mmmm...Sunday nap.......
Wasted more time doing inane things.
Chopped up cherry tomatoes that need to be used, replaced the insides with basil pesto...mmmmmmm. Baaaassilll Pesto.......


I know I did other things but I can't remember them because they were so inane. I know I dreamed about things that have to be done, like disassembling my futon so I can throw it out or at least give it to someone. (The mattress is now a dog mattress...I wouldn't give it to a human.) I seriously need to give my house a huge and thorough cleaning and get rid of a lot of junk!

And tomorrow, real Hell begins. Please pray for me...you have NO IDEA what challenges I'm facing and I can't detail them here. I did send a prayer request to the Intercessors of the Lamb, however...

6 comments:

Cathy_of_Alex said...

Prayers here!

Signed: "Friend you had dinner with on Saturday"

:-)

SMB said...

One rosary for your intentions, whatever they may be, coming up!
Hugs!
SMB
*Sherri*

Adoro said...

Cathy ~ LOL...are you saying you want me to link to you and claim you PUBLICLY as my friend? :-P
Thanks for your prayers, FRIEND!
:-)

SMB ~ Thank YOU for YOUR prayers...much needed, and please keep them up! It's not about me..it's about what I'm in charge of so the prayers are really for others! LOTS of others!

uncle jim said...

i talked [actually i did more listening than talking] to a former parish DRE. she turned in a letter to resign a little over a month ago effective today 6/1 with yesterday 5/31 her last day on that parish payroll.

she really loves the church.

she really loves the work.

she got burned out, IMHO, on inner parish politics and gossip and procrastination and ...

i praise you for the work you're doing - it needs to be done.

from your sharing it seems to me you work in a relatively supportive and friendly parish environment. not all who work in the church have the same.

i will pray for you before bed tonite and again in the morning - all will go well.

just remember 'the rock'.

Adoro said...

I thank God every day that I'm not a DRE!

And I can't say I like the work, and I don't even come close to loving it. If I didn't have to work in the Church, I wouldn't. Period.

Just bein' honest. Don't praise me. Pray for me. Pray for our programs.

I do love the people, and I do have a wonderful Pastor, a wonderful DRE and others, but their wonderfulness does not make this position right for me. In fact, every day I'm reminded of how desperately I do not fit the position. I have no idea why God called me here, but to maybe learn some skills I wouldn't otherwise have.

I don't want to go to work tomorrow or any day for the next few weeks. But God will give me the Grace..because it's not about me, but about the children this program is for.

I used to carry a crucifix with me in my last job and every so often I'd yank it out and cling to it. I need to do that again. I need to carry a rock with me, even one from outside my door. Maybe my rock rosary.

swissmiss said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend before the storm of Monday. We spent the weekend at the homeschool conference buying some Kindergarten curriculum since now we are well beyond the point of no return! Like you, I never thought God would call me to this endeavor, but off I go. And, honestly, I'm pretty jazzed about it!

Rock rosary - try a Connemara marble one :)

Prayers for whatever hell you are going through now.