Visitors - Come on in and say hello!

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

We Will Never Forget

Those who have fallen...



Those who have rebuilt...





Those who still grieve...






Those who survived...





...And continue to serve...




...and relive that day with every breath they take.


We thank and salute you for your service, we are united in grief will all who lost loved ones, and we forge onward in prayer and rememberance for all.


Réquiem ætérnam dona eis, Dómine,
et lux perpétua lúceat eis.
Requiéscant in pace. Amen.




WE WILL NEVER FORGET.



(Previous tribute/experience found here and the 2,996 Tribute to Katherine Wolf, here.)

2 comments:

Warren said...

My prayers are with all of you, my American friends, brothers, and sisters today. Today is the anniversary of one of the darkest days in America's history, and in all of it, what I remember most is how history turns on moments like this. Sometimes I hear people talk about how many more people are killed in car accidents each year than were killed in 9/11. It wasn't the scale of it, it was the unprecedented nerve of these terrorists, which captured our collective attention, and shocked us.

We are, all together, greater than this small band of cowards and thugs. Courage will defeat cowardice. Honor will defeat ignominy. There will be peace, but there must also be justice. As a franciscan, I am a pacifist. But I do not see how to be one, when my heart rises up in my throat. If I saw my own family, my own children in danger, would I not fight? Would I not kill, and die, to save those whom I love?

I have no easy answers. My prayers are with all of you this day.

W

Hidden One said...

Likewise, I have not forgotten my friends to the South. You have been in my prayers, and will remain so.