Visitors - Come on in and say hello!

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I love you, Lord, my strength


From the Office of Readings today:


I love you, Lord, my strength,
my rock, my fortress, my savior.
My God is the rock wheer I take refuge;
my shield, my mighty help, my stronghold.

The Lord is worthy of all praise:
when I call I am saved from my foes.
The waves of death rose about me;
the torrents of destruction assailed me;
the snares of the grave entangled me;
the traps of death confronted me.

In my anguish I called to the Lord;
I cried to my God for help.
From his temple he heard my voice;
my cry came to his ears.

Ant. I love you, Lord; you are my strength

Ant. 2 The Lord has saved me; he wanted me for his own.
*
( Note on the sketch; I drew that one night at work when I was realizing my life needed to change, and I knew there was only ONE place where I could find salvation. I didn't have the theological understanding. It was purely Grace that made me reach out from the destruction of my life towards the folly and the anguish of the Cross.)

1 comment:

owenswain said...

The hound of heaven was calling. A lovely drawing and very fitting also for my prayer initiative A Month For The Souls In Purgatory

Can you believe not one person has been by today to add the name of a loved one. I am quite sad about this.