Visitors - Come on in and say hello!

Sunday, December 14, 2008

GAUDETE!

So, it's Gaudete Sunday, and actually, I had a pretty good one; spent the day in class, all finals complete (today's was a take-home final which was submitted on Thursday), so all we had to do was bask in a lecture on mysticism. St. Teresa of Avila, St. John of the Cross, St. Terese of Lisieux, and Fr. Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange on his little book, the Three Ways of the Spiritual Life. (Which I intend to read this Advent...it wasn't part of our required reading for class.)

I might have some post-fodder from today's notes.

Unfortunately, we were quite worried about the weather as it was raining all day, but in the last hour of class the temperature dropped 30 degrees, resulting in a skating rink in place of the parking lot, and some of our classmates have to drive home through the blizzard just to our north.

And can I just say...PRAISE GOD for the man who invented ABS brakes (anti-lock) and whoever invented traction control! I am SO glad their mothers didn't abort them! They saved my life today! (And countless others, I imagine...today alone!)

Imagine...the impact a single life can have...

Anyway...

Driving home was quite scary as you can imagine. And by the time I arrived, it was snowing here, and blowing, and freezing, and the skating rink was present in my driveway as well. Tomorrow morning when I walk the dog, I'll take the old leather heirloom skates down from the wall in the garage and do pirouettes down the street. My dog will enjoy that, too. I just hope she doesn't run under the skates when I practice my double-axle. (sp?)

Oh, and the official story to my Mom when I speak to her this evening? "Oh, Mom, the roads were FINE!"

It's great to be alive!

2 comments:

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

I'm glad Adoro made it home safely :)

Adoro said...

I sure hope my classmates also got home safely!