Tuesday, August 18, 2009
I Am a Woman
I hate it when stereotypes are true and I'm living them out. No wonder men hate us and are confused by us.
Guys, I'm sorry. We women can't even figure each other out. So don't feel bad because you don't understand. Now I know why I love the guys in my life...you're obvious about everything. (Well, most of you are, anyway.)
Everything below is something I've learned via blogging and my own reactions:
* Sometimes I just want a podium so I can air my greviances and nothing anyone says can change how I feel about a particular subject because I don't WANT to change my view.
* Sometimes I want advice. (usually not, but sometimes I do.)
* Sometimes when it seems I'm asking for advice, I'm really not. I'm just musing and asking rhetorical questions designed for my own meditation and to help my readers ask those same questions of themselves. (I need to get better at closing comments to that post and making my intentions clear.)
* Sometimes I want a debate. (usually not as I'm really not much of a debator. It's not my gift. I think of great responses....hours and days later.)
* Sometimes I just want people to express that they understand what I'm going through because if I'm the only one who feels a certain way, maybe it means I'm going crazy.
* Sometimes I just want to express myself and let that be the end of it. Just writing about things helps.
* Sometimes I want to tick someone off on purpose because I'm in a bad mood and I want to share the anti-joy. (yeah...it's obvious I shouldn't do that.)
* Sometimes I need something else and I can't express it so I write about everything BUT what is really bothering me, in hopes I'll figure out what that is. Or maybe I'm just avoiding it because, let's face it: the truth is painful.
* Sometimes I'm just being me, boring, regular ol' me, and in my purest form, I'm quite a fallen soul.
Now that I've admitted all this....
...and probably have more to add (as probably do some of my commenters), I must say that AT NO TIME is ANYONE, especially a man, allowed to cite any of the above in such a way as to shame the women in his life! You are NOT allowed to use this for anything but compassionate purposes, and let's face it guys...you do the same thing but with a lot less drama. And we still love you, anyway, don't we?
Oh, I'm shuddering at the comments that might arise from this post.... *cringe*
Keep it clean, y'all!