1. Raindrops on roses2. Whiskers on Kittens3. Bright copper kettles4. Warm woolen mittens5. Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings6. Catching a firefly and setting him free7. Tying your shoe for the very first time
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
7 Things I Love Meme
Mulier Fortis has tagged me for a Meme although she makes a comment about the point of Memes to be to tag the more little-known blogs.
What is she saying? That my blog is little? That I'm not known? Well, I'm not a Big-Time Blogger, but don't insult my beautiful 118 followers! THEY know about me, even if they only randomly read my links! (My dear followers, let me take this moment to thank you, sincerely, for following this not-so-humble blogger who desperately needs all 118 of your prayers if you'd be so generous.)
And Yes, Mac, I know what you mean and I totally agree that linking to other cool but less-well-known blogs is the best thing about Memes! (Yeah, I'm as guilty as you are, for saying "Tag Thyself" maybe even more so!)
So, without further ado, these are Seven Things I Love:
*** sound of needle ripping across a record****
OK, ok, the above comes from The Sound of Music and You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown. But...the ARE cool things, aren't they? And I DO love all those things and even remember tying my shoe for the very first time! And I mostly like wild geese with the moon on their wings because that view means they're not pooping in the field.
You really want REAL stuff? Really? I'm sorry, but I'm really boring and not nearly as poetic, but here goes anyway, the real Adoro. (Yes, I see the irony in that statement.)
(7 Things in no particular order):
1. Roses and Lilacs and Dandelions. Yes, Dandelions. And Violets. Bleeding hearts, Irises, and baby's breath, all together in one bouquet. ALL of these. I've never received such a bouquet but if I did my heart would melt. I know that if anyone were to ever give me such a weird mix of flowers they must REALLY love me because they can't necessarily be obtained from a florist, and I would expect the person to give them to me to know WHY I love those specific flowers. If someone were to know that puzzle, well, that would indicate real love for they'd have to know me WELL to be able to answer it.
2. Horses. I really love horses. And no, little girls don't always "grow out of it." Sometimes we keep that unrequieted longing for life, and that makes it that much more precious.
3. Coming home. No matter how bad my day has been, there is someone there waiting to turn inside-out with joy at my presence. That's only ONE of the things I love about dogs.
4. Coffee. Especially Mystic Monk. 'Nuff said.
5. Writing. If I didn't write, I'd die. You don't want me to die, do you?
6. Mexico. I lived there for a semester, loved it, was crying as I left my host family. The cab driver who picked me up from their house was concerned and so I had to explain I was going home but wanted to stay in Mexico, my new home. Apparently those words endeared me to him and he appreciated that an American could so fall in love with his country and his people. It wasn't hard. Los Mexicanos son muy amables, simpaticos, especialamente para los estudiantes, y su pais es bonitissima. Te amo mucho, Mexico! (Lo siento, no hablo bastante bien, se me olvido' tanto!)
7. Jesus. If I didn't love Him, NONE of what I mentioned above would mean anything at all. He is my reason for being, He CALLED me into being, and love wouldn't be anything but a word if He hadn't revealed the true meaning of love as He gave Himself for all on the Cross. If I love at all, it is only because HE loved first.
Kelly at Gratie Ut Deus
I look forward to reading all your favorite things! (You don't have to be as wordy as me, I'm just being me...and you know that and put up with me despite that character flaw...)