Visitors - Come on in and say hello!

Monday, January 19, 2009

Thirsting for Our Lord

"Like the deer that yearns
for running streams,
so my soul is yearning
for you, my God.

My soul is thirsting for God,
the god of my life
when can I enter
and see the face of God?"


~ Psalm 42
*

Sometimes I love Our Lord so much that it feels like my heart will burst. He's all I want. He's the sum of my desires. He's everything...He's my very life.

And I wonder how I can love Him so much, and yet, choose things that are less?

I see how far away I am from Him, and see that I can experience this love...and how insignificant it is in the face of His own Sacrifice of Love for me. I look at my life and where I am, and almost despair of ever finally meeting Him face to face, for eternity.

And then I realize that Our Lord does not want us to look at where we are, but where He is calling us to be.

*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will you PLEASE quit posting my blogs?

MJ said...

Great post. I love Psalm 42. We used to sing this psalm at mass in my old choir. It's one of my favorites.