Visitors - Come on in and say hello!

Monday, January 12, 2009

The Superior Scribbler Award

I'm way behind on these lately, and for that, I apologize. There are awards I've been given but maybe haven't acknowledged on my blog yet, but I do hope to get to them! Part of the problem with some is that most, if not all of the people I would offer those awards to have already received it!


But not this one.

Both Fr. V. of Adam's Ale and Fr. Zehnle of Servant and Steward have graciously bestowed the Superior Scribbler Award upon me this week, and I am deeply honored, especially in considering the company of those to whom it has also been granted.



Here are the Rules:

* Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass the award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.

* Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author and the name of the blog from whom he/she has received the Award.

* Each Superior Scribbler must display the award on his/her blog, and link to this post, which explains the award.

* Each Blogger who wins the Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List (scroll down). That way, we’ll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives this prestigious honor!

* Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.

So, now that we know the rules, we can play. And since two people have given me this award and I've neglected to respond to others, I'm now going to award accordingly, and I EXPECT you all to visit the following blogs and report back to me as to what you found, and then link to those blogs also! ( Disclaimer: There is no rank to this list! And yes, I am making up rules by requiring my blogging readers to add the following to their blogrolls.)

First is Adrienne, who is a complete sweetheart, has an * ahem * few things to say about some things, especially Catholic things, and can take incredible photos. She's insightful, intelligent, and might be moving to Ohio because I talked her into it, and so she needs my Ohio friends to visit her to say hello and give her reasons to move there. (Whether you have a blog or not, my dear Ohio friends...go over there and give her a big welcome!)


Next is Tara at Loved Sinner. She is an amazing artist, another dog lover (like Adrienne) and has a ton of cool photos of her Corgi, Stella. I like Tara because I think she's a lot like me but more composed and if we were in the same state, we'd likely hang out with our dogs and talk art and theology! This dear lady is a converted Mormon and has a wonderful conversion story! She is SO on the list of people I need to meet!

And how can I NOT mention Terry at Abbey-Roads!? Classic! This guy is a local mystery. He blogs under his own name, but most of us haven't met him even though he frequents some of the same parish hangouts. His work ranges from (moral) burlesque to written baroque to contemporary issues to spiritual and mystical. It's impossible to NOT learn from this dear man, whom I HOPE to finally meet one day. And then have Vincenzo photoshop the meeting into some ostentatious, ridiculous and ingenious scene. (See some of V.'s work at right...)




Is there anyone who doesn't know Owen Swain at Luminousmiseries, the 20-year-Protestant Pastor-become-Catholic who has both a gift for art and for writing? He's honest, open, tells his life and his perspective as it is, and I have to say, gives great inspiration to us all through his own humility. (Owen, don't let that go to your head or I'll take it back! lol)

And what of Fr. Cranky who says what we are all thinking, priests and laity alike, even though we usually won't say it? To this day, I am trying to discover the happy medium in posture during Mass when witnessing the TOUCHDOWN! signal during the Our Father...is it proper to simply do a profound bow while hiding my intense laughter, or is it more proper to go to my knees and cover my mirth with a tissue? Fr. Cranky, whoever and wherever you are, this award goes to you!

*

4 comments:

Cathy_of_Alex said...

Sure, you have a cartoon from Vin mentioning my blog but I'm dissed! *sob*

XXXOOO

Adoro said...

I think I saw your name on someone else's blog...they awarded you. Couldn't tell you where, though, unfortunately!

Besides...free publicty for you, and what-is-name clearly covets your blog!

Christine said...

excellent photoshop work!

Adoro said...

Vincenzo did it! He's amazing with photoshop!