Visitors - Come on in and say hello!

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Came across old writings....

Have you ever done that? Have you ever come across old writings...and if you did, have you ever been struck by what it said?

That happened to me this weekend. I came across some old stuff I wrote back in '96-'97, and it floored me. I have wanted to be a writer for a long time, and apparently my quest for God was expressed in a story I tried to write. I do not claim that my work was good...but it is enlightening. More like a diary entry than anything else. I am going to share this with you. Not the whole "story", but the portion that hit me like a 2x4.

Jesus approached her. "Is everything all right?"

The woman turned to him, saying, "Yes, fine, th..." Here eyes widened in recognition.

She couldn't believe it. Somehow, she'd known that Jesus Christ would return in her lifetime, but here he was, right in front of her.

"Do you know me?" Jesus asked gently?

She started to fall to her knees, speechless. Jesus reached out and stopped her, putting a finger to his lips.

"Shhh..not yet. You'll see me again, and THAT will be the time to proclaim. For now, go on, but iwth purpose. Touch all those you meet with MY love and peace. The hour is near, but it is not yet at hand. Only the Father above knows the hour."

And still, Jesus continued, "God loves you, He hears your prayers and my mother is with you. When you lit a candle in the Basilica, she recognized you. She was with you when you cried, and although you didn't know it, you were never alone. Our Fother gave you the gift of the Holy Spirit at your Confirmation, and it burns strong within you. Don't be so afraid to love God--he won't let you fall."

Jesus wiped away her tears and helped her into her car as he lifed her heavy burden. The chaos around her heart fell away and for the first time in her life she knew that God really did love her and always had.


That's where my story ended. I don't know what happened afterward as I never finished. Maybe this story continues. Maybe this was more about a personal encounter with Christ in my life and I used a fictional passage to give words to the consolations God gave me at the time. I did also find another piece in which I candidly spoke about my fear of giving myself to the Lord..but that's for another post.

For now, please realize that at the time I wrote the above, I did not know my faith..I was seeking God, I was lonely for God, and so I wrote him into my own personal story. You may want to try this yourself, but subject your work to a solid spiritual director in your life. An SD may be a trusted friend who knows the faith, may be a priest, a nun...someone who is solidly faithful to the magesterium. Maybe you should write something and put it away. Years from now, you may look back and see prophetic words in your notebook, and realize that God spoke to you even when you didn't realize it was God.

As always, God Bless you and yours.

No comments: