Visitors - Come on in and say hello!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Oh, I SO can't wait to see this!

Today I learned about a 7-minute short that made its debut at World Youth Day this year. The video is unfortunately not yet available, but the gallery photos from the project are a wonderful tool for marketing.

I'll admit it. I'm drooling. I can't WAIT to see this!

The short film, "Women of Mystery, Women of Hope" highlights the lifestyles of three religious communities as they go about their daily lives. Mass, Prayer, Apostolate....and fun. Yup. You might not realize it, but REAL Sisters aren't angry and bitter feminist holdovers from the 60's, but are real, LIVE, joyful women who have devoted their lives to Christ and radiate this love to the world in all that they do and in all that they are.

Although it doesn't seem that this is a Vocations video, I have to say that FINALLY, women who are discerning have an answer to the powerful DVD "Fishers of Men."

And for now, that's all I have to say about that.

3 comments:

Fr. Andrew said...

Good catch! I didn't see this at WYDSYD, but I hope this will be a great resource on par with FOM for FFM work.

Adoro said...

Father, I found it on Facebook by accident, went to the website and decided to jump on board! This is awesome!

We had Vocations day just this Sunday at a thing at work...wish this video had been available then! But next time around....

Lillian Marie said...

I tried to see if I could locate Sr. Bridget - she's in the Sisters of Life and the niece of a very good friend of mine! (You met Trish at the picnic, the Friday in July).

I can't wait to see the video!!!

Thanks!!