Visitors - Come on in and say hello!

Monday, August 27, 2007

Interview

I just got home from my interview. I have no idea how it really went or if I'll get called back for the second interview. I have no idea what God's will is in this. I'm not sure I can do this job effectively, but I did offer God my fiat: if they offer the job to me, and I can live on whatever they're paying, I will accept the position. As so many are involved in the process, I will quite literally take the outcome as God's will for me.

As I told my interviewers tonight: I know that I am being called to service in the Church, but I don't know what that means, whether informal as a catechist, or more formally as an employee of the Church.

I also acknowledged that we often don't know what we are supposed to do until we are *there* where God wants us, but it's important to stay open to His will at every step.

So...that's where I'm at. That's all I know.

But I really need a job.

8 comments:

Melody K said...

Praying, Adoro!

Anonymous said...

s - - t - - r - - e - - t - - c - -h

Terry Nelson said...

All I know is this - you can't go in like you 'need' a job. You have to go in as if you 'own' the job. Hopefully, need will work for you. You are daily and frequently in my prayers. Take a deep breath! Ah! There you go!

Unknown said...

God bless you, Adoro!

Richie D said...

A "thank you" letter after an interview used to be a common thing, don't know about now-a-days. The letter can also be used to clarify information or re-inforce your qualifications.

Good luck

Deacon Bill Burns said...

Good luck, Adoro. Prayers on the way.

Anonymous said...

Have you sent a Thank You card? I always send one after an interview. I'm praying that God's Will be clarified in your life soon.

Adoro said...

Thank you, everyone.

To clarify, I certainly did NOT go into the interview last evening with an air of desperation. Not even close.

As far as the thank you cards, yes, they are still customary and I had hoped to get home today in time to get one out in the mail.

Last night I needed to let the dog out and hit the hay immediately...had to be up by 3:30 am. Just now got home. The mail already came.

So my thank you will go out tomorrow.

I am also praying that God will hit me over the head with a 2x4 with regard to his will in my work.

Yes, I need a holy 2x4, I'm too dense to do it any other way.