Visitors - Come on in and say hello!

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Eight Facts/Habits Meme

Vito of The Long Road to Priesthood tagged me for a Meme. Here are the rules:

"The rules are simple…Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog."


1. Some kids tried to shoot a friend of mine and I as we ran through the woods on the way to her house when we were 12. I remember hearing a shot and just next to my head, some bark flew off of a tree and hit me. I will never forget what the freshly-exposed wood looked like. And yes, they knew we weren't deer. And I can still identify them.

2. Several years ago, I got heat exhaustion when I went running in 102 F. heat with 90% humidity, in southern MN. For the record, I thought it was 98 degrees, I was dehydrated from the previous night (ahem), and my "run" was more of a walk because I was only mostly stupid. I don't remember most of my return home, but I can no longer tolerate heat like I did in the past. I am thankful to be alive because nobody knew where I was or what I was doing that day, and I was too stupid to call for help when I got home.

3. I love naps. There is nothing in the world like a good nap.

4. I used to be fluent in Spanish. Now I can carry on conversations, but with a certain amout of labored thought and bad conjugations. (As an aside...if there are any of you who speak German, let me know. This post linked to me and I have no idea what it says. There's another one but I'm fishing for German-speakers first)

5. I'm not entirely sure what my natural hair color is anymore

6. I have two tattoos, both obtained in my late 20's. One is a howling coyote on my left shoulderblade. The other is a galloping horse on my lower back.

7. I designed the horse tattoo myself but had to have the tattoo artist draw it himself to make sure it "matched" in size and general aspect the coyote I already had. During this process, I had to correct his drawing and basically teach him how to draw a horse, so the final result is actually not my own work but looks amazingly like a little neglected Arabian I nearly adopted a few years ago.

8. I got kicked off the property of a local horse ranch (trail rides and boarding offered there) for reportng the abuse/neglect of said bay Arabian horse in the boarders' pasture. I submitted photos to substantiate my claim, made the report anonymously, and the ranch owner figured out it was me and banned me. The claim WAS founded and the Humane Society in Carver County did react to improve the little gelding's condition.


I'm actually not going to directly tag anyone as I've done this Meme before and, I think so has everyone else. So if you are a frequent commenter with a blog who has not been tagged, please comment that you are "playing" and I will link you. If you are a commenter without a blog but want to answer, post away!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adoro, the link is a German translation of your entry about the day Fire passed away.

Christina said...

Sweet, I fixed my internet settings and now I can post comments at work!

The website appears to be a direct translation of your Surreal Week post into German. At least that is what I can tell from running it through Googles Translate feature since the only German I know is how to count to 10.

Hey, I would like to do this meme...but I will have to wait until after work to post it.