Visitors - Come on in and say hello!

Monday, December 25, 2006

Devotional Meme

1. Favorite devotion or prayer to Jesus?
* the Mass, Eucharistic Adoration

2. Favorite Marian devotion or prayer?
* Memorare - I love the "emergency novena" of 9 Memorares

3. Do you wear a scapular or medal?

* both. I wear a brown scapular with a St. Benedict Medal, crucifix, and Miraculous Medal

4. Do you have holy water in your home?

* Yes, both upstairs and downstairs.

5. Do you 'offer up' your sufferings?

* Yes - It helps that I was recently given a holy card of Fr. Ciszek and when struggling with some sort of suffering, I read it and it helps me to offer up whatever it is that is happening and be docile to God's will. It does make a difference. What a gift to understand that our daily sufferings are not in vain!

6. Do you observe First Fridays and First Saturdays?

* First Friday Mass and Adoration. (We have Perpetual Adoration)

7. Do you go to Eucharistic Adoration?

* Yup! Every Saturday I have a regular hour, and I often stop in throughout the week.

8. Are you a Saturday evening Mass person or Sunday morning Mass person?

* Sunday morning, 8:45 am

9. Do you say prayers at mealtime?

* I try to remember to say grace, and I've gotten better at it.

10. Favorite Saint(s)?

* St. Therese of Lisieux, St. Joseph, St. Anthony, St. Padre Pio, St. Wenceslaus (he adopted me for 2007), St. Francis de Sales, Fr. Walter Ciszek ... praying for his canonization


11. Can you recite the Apostles Creed by heart?

* Yes

12. Do you usually say short prayers (aspirations) during the course of the day?

* Yes. "Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me, a sinner", "Sacred Heart of Jesus, thy kingdom come, or I put all my trust in thee, Other small prayers that may fit the moment. Sometimes, "Jesus, can I just die now?" (He's never answered that one....)

13. Bonus Question:
When you pass by an automobile accident or other serious mishap, do you say a quick prayer for the folks involved?

* Sometimes, but usually I just grumble at the gawkers as I've been both at the roadside trying not to be killed by the rubberneckers while assisting the involved parties, and I've dealt with working to repair the wrecked cars. Since I'm sick of cars and accidents, I usually just grumble that people don't know how to drive and need to pay more attention. I could use a good dose of charity in those moments because that's when my cynacism takes over when all I want to do is to get where I'm going...safely. Like everyone else on the road.

Nope, not a saint, am I? :-)


I'm not tagging anyone officially because I think this one has made the rounds. So if anyone comes across this and has not been tagged, then consider yourself so!

No comments: