Visitors - Come on in and say hello!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Epilogue to my Conversion

And you thought it was over. The reality is that conversion is a process we will all go through over and over and over again because the ultimate goal of conversion is to be united with Jesus Christ...and as long as we are on this earth, we can not be fully united with him...those who are most closely are called "Saints".

In writing my story, I came to realize that it was in my weakness that God found me...and there, He gave me strength. And likewise, it is even today in my strengths of all sorts that I find also my greatest weaknesses.

When I had fallen away, God allowed me to be attacked through the faith I didn't think I had and what could have completely turned me away from Jesus instead was a catalyst which drove me back into Jesus' arms. It was in facing adversity that God's grace was the strongest and I continue to see that pattern every day, not just in my life but in the lives of others.

I also see people struggling along who don't know how to accept the grace waiting for them, which can only be done by embracing one's cross. We all have weaknesses, and in those, we are closest to Jesus. It is in recognizing our weakness that we find humility, and this virtue is what God uses to raise us up to Him.

My conversion has not ended for I am, as they say, still in formation. For what? I don't know, but what I do understand is that this is a marathon, not a sprint, and without Jesus, I'll never be able to walk another step.

We all need the Sacraments, we need the Catholic community, for this is how the Lord designed our road to salvation. Each and every one of us has the choice to stop, run away, and refuse to move on, but when we do this, then we are only harming ourselves and those loved ones in our lives. The only thing we can do is move forward, little by little, praying all the while, and with the understanding that we do not make this trip alone. Ever.

Last year I often wrote in a little jornal at Adoration, and every so often, I turn the page to reflect upon a few little verses that came to me in prayer, and I think this is the appropriate time to share them with you.

It is in joy that we understand our suffering
It is in laughter that we discover tears
It is in recognition that we find healing
It is in acknowledgement that we are led to resolution
And it is in our weaknesses that we finally encounter Christ

5 comments:

Tim said...

Just wonderful. Keep on writing.

Anonymous said...

Adoro - you are a gift from God.

Unknown said...

Great posts, Adoro. You should make links to them in your sidebar for others to read. Your journey is beautifully told and has lessons for all to learn.

Jeff Miller said...

I have really enjoyed your whole series of conversion posts.

Amazing what God can do with us!

Adoro said...

Thank you, everyone.

God is indeed amazing because I am not here by my power, but by God's. If a single soul is assisted through my story, it is not to my glory, but to God's alone.

And my offer still stands to anyone trying to approach Confession, or just to come back home....contact me and I will pray for you and if you'd like, ask others to pray for you as well. (hint: the more the merrier!)