Visitors - Come on in and say hello!

Friday, May 25, 2007

Ordination Day!


Tomorrow is a blessed day for us all. Tomorrow several men will be ordained to the priesthood, and we thank God for them every day. Please keep them in your prayers and please continue to pray that more men answer the Call!

Take some time to read about our new priests in the current issue of the Catholic Spirit.

All of them have a story to tell, but no two are the same.

For the last couple years, I have listened to the Mass on Relevant Radio, and hopefully will be able to do so tomorrow as well. I never fail to tear up during the Litany of the Saints.

If you are local, (Twin Cities area, MN), you can listen to tomorrow's ceremony and tear up with me, wherever you are. The Catholic Spirit reports:

Relevant Radio, 1330 AM, will broadcast the May 26 ordination ceremony. Paul Sadek, station manager, along with Father John Owens, a retired priest from the Diocese of Bismarck, N.D., will provide commentary for the event live from the Cathedral of St. Paul. The program will start at 10 a.m. and last until noon.

The sad thing is, I'll have to get my butt up early so I can run my errands and be home or at least en route home in time to pray with the entire Mass.

The cool thing is that IT'S SO WORTH IT!

I'm a big fan of priests. They provide the Sacraments to us. What's not to love?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alleluia!

Adoro said...

Alleluia is right! And the cool thing is that one of the new priests is also a fan of Nickel Creek, according to the article in the Catholic Spirit. That means he HAS to be a good guy.

He's not assigned to my parish, however. I hope that his parishoners appreciate his taste in music.