Visitors - Come on in and say hello!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Lenten Meme: Why I Love Jesus!

Mike over at What Does Mike Think tagged me for a Lenten Meme, and as this is Spy Wednesday, I’ve pushed this to quite literally the last minute.

The rules:
Those tagged will share 5 things they “love” about Jesus / Or why they love Jesus. Those tagged will tag 5 other bloggers. Those tagged will provide a link in the comments section here with their name so that others can read them.

Why I love Jesus:

1. From His very pre-existence, the beatific vision present at His conception, through His agony and crucifixion, Jesus knew everything I would ever do to offend Him – and He suffered and died for me anyway.

2. He is so patient that even when I start out praying and end up writing recipes for seafood salad, He still listens. (And the salad came out great and if He came to my house I'd serve it to Him happily!)

3. Jesus gives us all the ultimate example of the true meaning of love: that it is sacrificial and not just invites, but requires our cooperation and participation.

4. Every time I say “NO!” to Him, He finds another way to get through my stubborn will.

5. Jesus kept His promise to be with us; He continues to give Himself to us in the Sacraments.

 O Sacrament Most Holy, O Sacrament Divine, all praise and all thanksgiving be every moment Thine.

It's late and I don't know who to tag anymore - it seems this one has already made the rounds and I'm at the bottom of the barrel. If you haven't been among the chosen, consider yourself chosen!

No comments: