Visitors - Come on in and say hello!

Monday, September 20, 2010

Movie Review: Amelie

This evening, via Netflix, I watched the movie "Amelie".

Don't waste your time:  "Amelie" was superficially "artistic", morally bankrupt, plotfully without merit.

Uses color and filmatography to mimic meaningfulness which in the end, is nothing but smoke and mirrors.

You'll get more money's worth going to Scooby-Doo's famous haunted houses; bring Scooby-snacks. That way at least the dog leaves satisfied.

That's the best I can say about this piece of cinematic nonsense.

Real artists have good taste and create movies from plot, not from a line of film from a mall photo booth.

 The main actress was pretty in a 50's-mask-postcard sorta-way.  Glad no one is judging France as a whole by this disaster.

I'm going to bed, hope I don't dream about this movie; my own regular nightmares are at least entertaining!

5 comments:

I.M Fletcher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
I.M Fletcher said...

I am glad you agree.
I rented the movie soon after it appeared on DVD because I'd heard it was so good - that it was charming etc etc. Boy, what a shock. I am glad I only watched half of it with my parents (I watched the other half later), and that they got to miss out on the part where Amelie plays matchmaker to a couple who end up having noisy sex in the bathroom of a restaurant .

If you're looking for something like Sleepless in Seattle - avoid. It may be liked by the art-house crowd but I didn't find much to recommend it.

Adoro said...

I.M. Fletcher ~ I have to confess I didn't even like "Sleepless in Seattle"! But if given a choice between this other tripe and "Sleepless", I'd take the latter any day!

ignorant redneck said...

The best part about Amelie was the poster.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.