Visitors - Come on in and say hello!

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Romans 12:12

Rejoice in your hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.


Someone quoted that verse to me yesterday, and it's one we should all take to heart. For even in our greatest tribulations, we have hope, and our hope is sustained by prayer. And a lot more can be said, but for now, I'm going to leave it at that.

Tomorrow I am going to a funeral; it was a tragic death of a single father, leaving behind teenaged children. I did not know the deceased, but I do know a relative, and ever since I was informed of the loss, my heart has been breaking for that family.

I know the theology of suffering, but this is one of those situations none of us can answer. That entire family will be asking the very deepest questions of God, and we must all pray that they have the courage both to ask the questions and to embrace the love of God as he is united to them in their grief.

Funerals are always difficult; tomorrow's will be especially so. Please keep that family in your prayer intentions.

1 comment: