Visitors - Come on in and say hello!

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Anyone interested in debunking DaVinci Code...live in Eden Prairie?

I just read Curt Jester's blog:
http://www.splendoroftruth.com/curtjester

(( just as an aside...why can't I get links to work using html? If I use the link insertion feature, not only can readers not click on the link, but it becomes completely invisible! On to regular programming.....))

In reading Susan Vigilante's artical, I decided it would be fun for those of us Twin Cities' MN bloggers and friends of bloggers to cut loose and face up to this heresy live and in person.

Here's the link for the article:

http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/vigilante200601260813.asp

Take a gander. For those who have not read them, there are some great resources: "The Davinci Hoax" by Carl E. Olson and Sandra Meisner, and "Cracking DaVinci Code" published by Catholic Answers. I believe Amy Welbourne has a book also...can't remember the title.

It would be fun to go to this class and debunk the teacher's theories with hard evidence...maybe even check out the resources from public libraries.

It might be worth it, though, to actually get a group together to "study", assign which resources to obtain from the library as proof for our own case, and print documents regarding the (lack of) credible resources for Dan Brown. The Heretic.

Anyone in? I'm going to need to find out when this class is, though...may need to take some time off work just to be able to go.

I just love the idea of "stumping the ignoramus". What's plural of that?

Ignoramu? Humana Estupidii?

5 comments:

Our Word said...

Good grief. It is hard to admit you're from Minnesota sometimes, isn't it? What did you find more depressing - the teacher, or the editor at the diocese newspaper (by which I assume she means The Catholic Spirit)?

Depending on how many numbers we get, I'd be sorely tempted to join that group - but I'm not sure I could take it. I'm already trying to get my blood pressure down...

Mitchell

Adoro said...

I'm not sure I can take it, either, but this kind of blatant attack upon the faith, upon Christianity in general, and upon the history of the Catholic Church cries out for defense!

Unknown said...

I read the "original", "Holy Blood, Holy Grail", many years ago. The basic plot for DVC was cribbed from that (can't be considered plagiarism, both are fiction, I guess).

I was fascinated for a time while reading because I was fascinated by the Knights Templar and that ilk (still am, a bit) but when HBHG got to the infamous marriage, I put it down and figured that nothing in the book had much truth in it.

It would be interesting to attend a class like that armed with facts, but when you are up against firmly held belief, it's hard to win an argument.

But keep me posted.

Adoro said...

Check out my next post...I called the Catholic Defense League to report this blatant anti-Catholicism. (Opus Dei - "frightful")

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site...
» »