Visitors - Come on in and say hello!

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Music Shuffle Meme

I came across this old one tonight, and was in a musical mood so decided to do it. This one is cool; it can be re-done over time. Here's the deal: take your i-pod or CD shuffle, or, as in my case, I used the shuffle mode on my computer. NO CHEATIN'! Just hit play and see what song comes up next!

OK, without further ado:

1. How does the world see me? Sweet Sacrifice - Evanescence (The Open Door)

(some of the lyrics...."Fear is only in our minds but is taking over all the time...") Am I THAT transparent? REALLY?

2. How is my life going? Timeless - Selah (Press On)

Time, it’s changing me
It’s hard to see who I am
Touched, I’m touched by many things
So many things I don’t understand


Wow...THAT song is accurate...

3. What do my friends really think of me? The Lighthouse's Tale - Nickel Creek (Nickel Creek)

Hmm....let me assure you all that I'm not going to commit suicide after burying my drowned true love in the sand. Although I might tell the tale of someone else who does that!

4. Do People Secretly Lust After Me? Pure - Superchick (Beauty from Pain 1.1)

I'm not sure if I should feel insulted or comforted...

5. How can I make myself happy? Deliver Me - Sarah Brightman (Brokedown Palace)

Deliver me, loving and caring
Deliver me, giving and sharing
Deliver me, the cross that I'm bearing

All of my life I was in hiding
Wishing there was someone just like you
Now that you're here, now that I've found you
I know that you're the one to pull me through


Hmmmm....

6. What should I do with my life? Your Star - Evanescence (The Open Door)

And I'm alone now,
Me and all I stood for.
We're wandering now.
All in parts and pieces, swim lonely, find your own way out.

So far away.
It's growing colder without your love.
Why can't you feel me calling your name?
Can't break the silence,
It's breaking me.


Dark night of the soul?

7. Will I ever have children? Anything but ordinary - Avril Lavigne (Let Go)

Sometimes I get so weird
I even freak myself out
I laugh my self to sleep
It's my lullaby


8. What is good advice for me? The Story - Brandi Carlisle

OK, I gotta tellya, this is probably HANDS DOWN my favorite song EVER. It's something I want to sing with a band sometime before I die. (I HAVE sung with a band before...in two different countries! And glass did not shatter!) There's only one part I can't do like Brandi...just guess....

Anyway I'm posting ALL the lyrics on this one!

All of these lines across my face
Tell you the story of who I am
So many stories of where I've been
And how I got to where I am

But these stories don't mean anything
When you've got no one to tell them to
It's true...I was made for you

I climbed across the mountain tops
Swam all across the ocean blue
I crossed all the lines and I broke all the rules
But baby I broke them all for you
Because even when I was flat broke
You made me feel like a million bucks
You do
I was made for you

You see the smile that's on my mouth
It's hiding the words that don't come out
And all of my friends who think that I'm blessed
They don't know my head is a mess
No, they don't know who I really am
And they don't know what
I've been through like you do
And I was made for you...

All of these lines across my face
Tell you the story of who I am
So many stories of where I've been
And how I got to where I am

But these stories don't mean anything
When you've got no one to tell them to
It's true...I was made for you



9. How will I be remembered? All I need - Bethany Dillon (Wow Hits 2005)

When the morning comes
And Your mercy is renewed
There's a fire in my bones
I'm not afraid to go alone



10. What is my signature dance song? Courage - Superchick (Beauty from Pain)

I need you to know
I'm not through the night
Some days I'm still fighting to walk towards the light


This song is actually about anorexia...not a problem for me...


11. What do I think my current theme song is? Grace Like Rain - Todd Agnew (WOW Hits 2005)

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost but now I'm found
Was blind but now I see so clearly

Chorus:
Hallelujah, grace like rain falls down on me
Hallelujah, all my stains are washed away, washed away


12. What do my friends think my current theme song is? Beauty from Pain - Superchick (Beauty from Pain)

My whole world is the pain inside me
The best i can do is just get through the day
When life before is only a memory
I'll wonder why God lets me walk through this place
And though i can't understand why this happened
I know that i will when i look back someday
And see how you've brought beauty from ashes
And made me as gold purified through these flames


13. What song will play at my funeral? Red Light - Johnny Lang (Cities 97 Sampler)

You can run a red light
Give up at a red light
You break the mold
When running through the tolls
Speeding through your whole life


THAT doesn't bode well!

14. What kind of men do I like? What a feeling - Heather Nova (Siren)

Life is only half way in our hands
Years have passed while I was making plans
And I could never find the words
I always felt absurd, and always outside
But now I know I shouldn't care
There's a song already there
Waiting inside


15. What is my day going to be like? I can do better - Avril Lavigne (The Best Damn Thing)

Hmmmm....that's not very holy. Maybe I should just plan to go to Confession....


Maybe I'll tag people in the morning...or...feel free to steal this one!

No comments: